- >> Dental SPA
- >> Bone Grafting
- >> Braces
- >> Crowns & Bridges
- >> Dental Implants
- >> Extractions
- >> Fillings
- >> Flap Surgery
- >> Gingivectomy
- >> BRUXISM
- >> Laminates & Veneers
- >> Removable Dentures
- >> Root Canal treatment
- >> Scaling & polishing
- >> Smile Design
- >> Tooth Jewelery
- >> Tooth Whitening
- >> Wisdom Tooth Surgery
- >> Jaw Surgeries
Book Your Appointment
WHAT IS FLAP SURGERY?
Gingival flap surgery is a type of gum procedure. The gums are separated from the teeth and folded back temporarily. This allows a dentist to reach the root of the tooth and the bone. During this time, the dentist can clean the deposited tartar and hard set calculus.
WHEN IS IT PERFORMED?
- Gingival flap surgery is used to treat gum disease (periodontitis/pyorroea).
- It may be recommended for people with moderate or advanced periodontitis.
- Usually, a treatment that doesn't involve surgery is done first. This is called scaling and root planing. If this treatment does not eliminate the gum infection, gingival flap surgery is indicated.
- Flap surgery is done to treat gum enlargements.
- Bone grafting and guided tissue regeneration are done along with flap surgery procedure, if required.
HOW IS IT DONE?
- First, a local anesthesia is given to numb the area.
- Then the periodontist will use a scalpel to separate the gums from the teeth.
- They will be lifted or folded back in the form of a flap. This gives the periodontist direct access to the roots and bone supporting the teeth.
- Inflamed tissue will be removed from between the teeth and from any defects in the bone.
- The periodontist will then do a procedure called scaling and root planing to clean plaque and tartar.
- If you have bone defects, your periodontist may eliminate them. This procedure is called osseous recontouring. It smoothes the edges of the bone using files or rotating burs.
- After these procedures are completed, the gums will be placed back against the teeth and stitched (sutured) in place.
- Some periodontists use stitches that dissolve on their own. Others use stitches that have to be removed a week to 10 days after the surgery.
- Your periodontist also may cover the surgical site with a bandage known as a periodontal pack or dressing.If bone is deficient , then the periodontist may also put some bone grafting material there.
ARE THERE ANY POST OPERATIVE COMPLICATIONS?
- There can be mild pain, oozing of blood and /or mild swelling.
- After flap surgery, there can be mild gingival recession.
- Temporary sensitivity to hot and cold can be encountered.
Pre & Post operative pictures
32 Diamonds Dental Clinic established in year 2010 with sole intent of providing BEST QUALITY Dental & Oral care with a personal touch. And as the name highlights "we intend to treat each of ur 32 teeth as valuable diamonds and preserve them all through ur life "
Get In Touch
32 Diamonds Dental Clinic
11/4, 1st Floor, Rameshwer Tower,
Main Market,Vaishali, Sector-4, Ghaziabad-201010 (U.P.)
Timings : Mor.: 10.00 am to 1.00 pm
Eve.: 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm
Mobile No. - +91-9312121010, 9717844411
Email ID : email@example.com
Submit Your Review
Submit Your Details To Recieve Latest Offers